In order to understand conspiracy theories, to identify them, to fight against them, it is very possible to study their roots and purposes.
Recently, due to the war and epidemic, conspiracy theories have been spread aggressively in Armenia, which hinder the normal life of the society and possible coexistence.
On May 26, at 16:00, the Media Center organized a webinar on conspiracy theories, the expert-guest of which was Levon Babajanyan, Candidate of Philosophy, YSU Lecturer.
The following topics were presented during the webinar:
- What is conspiracy theory, how does it differ from conspiracy theory?
- How to identify conspiracy theories?
- Why are conspiracy theories dangerous?
- What examples of conspiracy theories are there in Armenia and other countries?
- What is the reason for the abundance of conspiracy theories, especially in the post-war period of Armenia?
- How to counteract the conspiracy theories?