Vacancy. Project Coordinator for PJC Media Center project
Title: Project Coordinator
Application Deadline: June 10, 2014
Job description: The Project Coordinator will be responsible for Public Journalism Club NGO's Media Center (MC) project implementation, coordination, and successful enforcement of the Center's activities, ensuring appropriate and high-quality output in accordance with the project's goals and mission.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination and management of all the project activities. S/he is will be responsible for ensuring high quality program delivery, compliance with PJC's and donor organizations' rules and regulations, monitoring project activity plan, ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the project outputs and outcomes, identifying potential risks and opportunities. The Project Coordinator will work closely with all the PJC staff members, will lead the Center's human and technical resources. This individual should possess over 5 years of journalistic and NGO experience, be engaged in complex projects as a coordinator or lead, an advanced degree in social sciences, ability to interact with multiple and diverse stakeholders, and communication skills is a must.
The Project Coordinator reports directly to the President of PJC and Media Center Project Leader. The Coordinator is also responsible for leading the implementation of public outreach and communication activities in the project and ensuring overall quality and coherence of outreach and communication products, as well as their compliance with donors' and PJC's visibility requirements. This individual shall ensure coherence in the delivery of communication messages to the public.
- Manage and coordinate the Media Center (MC) debate club;
- Implement Media Center's actions;
- Ensure professional organized activities in the frames of the MC;
- Initiate and conduct as a moderator and interviewer discussions and debates;
- Coordinate the MC human resources, delegate tasks and follow, evaluate the progress and completion of the tasks, ensure teamwork;
- Ensure high quality output of the MC activities;
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of MC activities;
- Manage the MC website and social networking pages to ensure proper content;
- Maintain regular communication with donor organizations;
- Manage business correspondence;
- Coordinate activities aimed at raising public awareness of the MC and its events;
- Establish cooperative relations with local and international organizations, media companies, embassies, etc.;
- File documents and reports;
- Write, edit and distribute MC's press releases and other journalistic materials;
- Represent PJC and MC project at public events and in the media ;
- Participate in the development of the new PJC projects;
- Monitor and control the MC project website, as well as the existing corporate social networking pages, ensure professional public outreach activities and high quality content in the website and on social networks;
- Develop strategies to promote the MC activities on all virtual and non virtual platforms;
- Perform other possible duties within the MC project.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly narrative reports about MC's activities, outputs and impact.
- Master's degree or equivalent in journalism, management, public policy, social sciences or other related fields;
- Excellent knowledge of the Armenian, English and Russian languages;
- Experience in coordinating, moderating and conducting public events;
- Considerable experience in conducting interviews;
- Effective teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- At least 4 years of experience in NGOs or media organizations;
- Efficient computer and office equipment handling skills;
- Excellent knowledge of media and civil society sectors;
- Experience in editing texts and compiling reports;
- Strong communication and analytical skills;
- Problem solving and decision making skills, as well as ability to work on multiple tasks and under tight time constraints and;
- Ability to adapt to dynamic and constantly changing environment.
Application Procedures: All qualified candidates are encouraged to email their CVs with cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly mention the position in the subject line of the message: "MC Project Coordinator".