Vacancy. Editor/Translator for PJC Media Center Project
Title: Editor /Translator
Application Deadline: 01.06.2014
Job Description: The incumbent will handle the overall editing responsibilities at the Media Center including quality control of the content in Armenian and English, authenticity and relevancy of the disseminated information, language and aesthetics as well as assist the Project Coordinator in organizational and administrative activities.
The Editor/Translator of the Media Center will:
- Oversee the content and quality of the project publications in Armenian and English;
- Proofread, copy edit, perform developmental editing, line editing and editing for search engine optimization in Armenian and English;
- Translate press releases into English and Russian, when necessary;
- Write or supervise the writing of press releases in Armenian and English;
- Cross check the facts, spellings, grammar and writing style of the textual content in Armenian and English;
- Determine themes and contents for events organized at the Media Center in concordance with Project Coordinator and Project Director;
- Initiate and respond to ideas and reflect the most important issues according to the Media Center policy;
- Initiate or reply to correspondence related to the Media Center activities;
- Perform other editorial duties as necessary;
- Participate in promotion and organizational development planning;
- Attend professional and social events relevant to the Media Center’s strategy.
- Master’s Degree or an equivalent in Journalism, Languages or other relevant discipline;
- Proficiency in Armenian, English, Russian;
- At least 3 years’ first-hand experience in NGO or media company;
- Strong writing and editing skills, ability to craft publication items that meet journalistic standards;
- Experience working with donors, civil society, international organizations;
- Excellent command of office software, strong computer skills;
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic, deadline-driven, rapidly changing environment.
Application Procedures: Qualified and interested candidates are requested to submit a CV/ Resume and a cover letter in English firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please indicate Editor/Translator in the subject line.